PEFC Chain of Custody Policy
Mortlock Timber is committed to managing its operations in an environmentally responsible manner, to ensure the protection of the environment for this and future generations. Responsibility for achieving these aims is shared between the management team and employees.
Mortlock Timber has implemented a chain of custody system, certified to the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) standards. In implementing its PEFC chain of custody, Mortlock Timber commits to:
- Implement and manage its chain of custody system to meet the requirements of the PEFC Standards, Directives and Guidance Documents.
- Inform its personnel, customers, and suppliers of its chain of custody certification, and ensure its wood purchasing and selling activities comply with the requirements of the PEFC standards.
- Ensuring all personnel performing work affecting the implementation and maintenance of the chain of custody are competent based on appropriate training, education, skills and experience, and are provided with opportunities for on-going training and professional development.
- Provide the infrastructure and technical facilities needed for the effective implementation and maintenance of the chain of custody.
- Develop and maintain records necessary to provide evidence of conformity with the requirements of the chain of custody system.
- Conduct internal audits annually to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the chain of custody system.
- Carry out due diligence to verify the origin of all input materials to ensure they do not come from controversial sources.
- Provide customers with documentation verifying its compliance with the chain of custody system.
Mortlock Timber will always search for ways to improve its environmental, social and economic performance and we are committed to continuously improving our chain of custody systems and procedures.