Spotted Gum | Corymbia maculata19 May 2020
Spotted gum is one of Australia’s premium native hardwoods with a striking appearance and a high degree of natural durability and strength, making it an ideal timber for a variety of structural, exterior, and interior applications.
Because of its high durability and density, Spotted Gum is a great option timber for external timber cladding, timber ceilings, screening, and decking. Spotted Gum’s unique colour palette makes it a popular choice for interior designers for use and ceilings and walls, especially in our Proplank Click in Batten range.
Spotted Gum is available in the following products:
- Metroplank Timber Decking - https://www.mortlock.com.au/product/metroplank/
- Classicplank Timber Decking - https://www.mortlock.com.au/product/classicplank/
- Marineplank Timber Decking - https://www.mortlock.com.au/product/marineplank/
- Shou Sugi Ban Charred Cladding - https://www.mortlock.com.au/product/shou-sugi-ban/
- Proplank Timber Battens - https://www.mortlock.com.au/product/proplank/
- Trendplank Timber Cladding - https://www.mortlock.com.au/product/trendplank/
Spotted Gum is light to dark brown, and sapwood is pale. The texture is moderately coarse, with an interlocked grain, and the frequent presence of wavy grain produces an attractive ' fiddleback' grain. The wood is slightly greasy and gum veins are common.
As timber is a natural product images above may not fully reflect the true colour and natural variation of the timber, we recommend you view samples and discuss the options before making your final decision.
Enviro Clear is a water based product for interior use only. It is a film forming, non-yellowing coating which is easy to clean and requires minimal maintenance.
Shou Sugi Ban, further information at https://www.mortlock.com.au/what-you-need-to-know-shou-sugi-ban/
|Origin||NSW & QLD|
|Sustainability||PEFC available on request|
|Durability||Class 1 – greater than 40 years|
|Density (Dry)||1100 kg/m3|
|Fire||Satisfies BCA C1.10A Group 3, Meets BAL 12.5, 19 and 29|
|Modulus of Elasticity (Dry)||23|
|Comments||Suited for both interior and exterior wall cladding, ceilings and floor covering|